lundi 30 octobre 2017

Ichigotchi Amigurumi Pattern


Hey there, for the last couple of weeks I've been spending my sunday mornings in car boot sales to create a decent collection of enamel pins (a growing passion).

I usually don't buy electronic stuff in this kind of place, but I found a funny toy there that just needed to get new batteries : a Tamagotchi.

I remember having one of those (or a conterfeit, it used to look like a monkey) when I was a child, and since I like retro objects, I negociated with the seller to get it for 1€.

With new batteries, the Tamagotchi was up to a new life! I took good care of my little "Hok", and now she is a beautiful teen that kind of look like a strawberry; the name of the sprite being "Ichigotchi", meaning "strawberry"in japanese, I thought I HAD to make a plush of it. 


Ichigothci-chan needs my attention!

Following this introduction, here is the pattern I made! (I use USA terminology, since I am used to find free pattern online from creative american crocheters)


********************

YOU WILL NEED : 3mm hook - Red and light green yarn, red and light beige felt, red, beige and pink threads, 6mm plug-in eyes


🍓 FACE

Make a ~3.5cm wide circle in thin light beige felt, cut two small holes where the eyes should be.
Use the red thread for the mouth and the pink thread for the cheeks.

🍓 BODY (red)

Round 1 : Magic ring 6 sc (6)
Round 2 : 2sc, 2sc in next sc, 2 sc, 2sc in next sc (8)
Round 3 : 2sc, 2sc in next sc, 2 sc, 2sc in next sc, 1sc, 2sc in next sc (11)
Round 4 : 5sc, 2sc in next sc, 4 sc, 2sc in next sc (13)
Round 5 : 4sc, 2sc in next sc, 3 sc, 2sc in next sc, 3sc, 2sc in next sc (16)
Round 6 : 7sc, 2sc in next sc, 7 sc, 2sc in next sc (18)
Round 7 : 5sc, 2sc in next sc, 5 sc, 2sc in next sc, 5sc, 2sc in next sc (21)
Round 8 : 6sc, 2sc in next sc, 6 sc, 2sc in next sc, 6sc, 2sc in next sc (24)
Round 9 - 13 : sc (24)
Round 14 : *3sc, dec* repeat * * 4 times, 2sc, dec (19)
Round 15 : *2sc, dec* repeat * * 4 times, sc, dec (14)

Add the face with the beige thread and the plug the eyes in at this stage.

Begin stuffing.

Round 16 : *1sc dec* repeat * * until there're 10 sc left (10)

Round 17 : dec in all dc (5)
F/O

🍓 LEGS (make 2 in light green)

Round 1 : Magic ring 5sc
Round 2 - 3 : 5sc
F/O

Sew the parts together with the threads and a yarn needle.


********************

There you are! Ain't she cute?? but you need to give her a lot of love, or else she will turn into a poor rotten strawberry... (the picture is actually my first attempt to make the plush, a lot of hope, yet poor skills...)


Look at those poor soulless eyes... A sad Tamagotchi means you are a bad person.

I hope you enjoy making one of these, I surely enjoy squishing mine between my hands when my Hok wakes me up at 11:00pm for a cleaning session...

Maggie Y.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Embroidery discovery

Hey there, I furnished a bit of my material buying DMC embroidery threads , so I tested some patterns inspired by Pinterest ideas on embroi...